RE: a serouse issue at hand was: Re: [action] Reasons for not moving SC 3.2.2 up to level 1

Hi Lisa,

  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by " We can not devolve techniques
outside baseline technologies for the first draft"

There is no problem developing techniques outside of any baseline.   We
don't even set a baseline - so all techniques are basically outside of
baseline.   Can you explain your concern more?

RE extending the guidelines later,  the current structure allows this.  They
would be advisory - but if we did guidelines later that  were meant to be
used in the same way these do - then they would have to meet the same
constraints as these do.   If they are meant to be used separately, then
that other set of guidelines could be done in addition to WCAG 2.0.

We will of course bring this up at the meeting.  But I think you will get
more by looking at ways to add techniques to what we have than to remove
them.

Note also that a separate set of guidelines for cognitive is not in our
charter so we can't make one.  And we also aren't the ones to decide if a
new charter for such a document would be created.   If it didn't make it
through approval - we would have nothing.

I have not heard of anyone suggesting that cognitive have its own set up
guidelines.  Actually, I think we have a group consensus that we would not
allow singling out of disabilities in conformance, levels, etc.

thanks

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.