From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Jonathan Chetwynd
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 2:31 AM
To: WAI GL
Subject: Re: REF 1.1a - Add definition to 1.1 for ability to be expressed in
words

Guideline 1: PERCEIVABLE. Make Content Perceivable by Any User

First let me apologise for not having been a regular participant, and
missing Venice f2f.

It does seem a concern that having tabled such a broad Guideline as stated
above,
we then get embroiled immediately in the nitty gritty, it seems once again
that we have reverted to text equivalents, which is only one of the very
many possibilities that this porisma offers.

Is there a provision to provide illustration for text, which is a natural
outcome.

Jonathan