Re: finished hebrew translation of web stylesheets homepage

Axel Friedrich wrote:
> Dear Richard, dear Bert,
>
> of course this was NOT done by a translation tool, feel free to check
> the translation/spelling by native speaking people.
> But..your are right, we used the original HTML/CSS as we dont wanted to
> change the original HTML source. And as the translator (I'm say it
> again...a native speaking guy) dont said anything about  problems with
> the "look" - in fact he did it this way - I thought this is no problem.
> If this is permitted I can change the float direction, should be no
> problem. But before that I need the "go" from Bert.

I've added rules for RTL languages to the style sheet. It's a matter of
interpretation and taste how to translate the "look and feel" of the
page to different languages. Apart from the alignment of headers, I've
only changed the layout of the address at the bottom.

I've tried to be careful, but it may of course be that my changes have
influenced something that shouldn't be changed. Maybe the translator (or
some other native speaker) can check if there is something that looks
strange?

Two things I couldn't (yet) change:

The heading at the top of the right-hand menu is part of the style sheet
and currently reads "Local links" in English. In some translations that
heading is replaced in others it is not. If the translator thinks it
should be translated, he can give me the Hebrew text and I'll put it in
the style sheet.

The page at http://www.webstyles-hebrew.com/Style/index.html uses a
local style sheet. My changes to the original style sheet thus don't
affect it, unless Axel downloads a new copy. (The other Hebrew
translations all seem to use the original style sheet directly.)

Bert