Re: translation request

Hi Andy -

I am the Team Contact for the WCAG Working Group. I'm happy to hear of
your interest in translating WCAG 2.0. Translations help broaden the
audience of reviewers and we would like to receive the best feedback
possible.

Based on some of the other discussions that have been going around, I
think you are aware of the current state of WCAG 2.0. The version at
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/ is in Last Call, and the Working Group is
processing hundreds of comments received on this draft. These have
already resulted in changes to the document and will continue to do so.
You can preview some of the changes that will be made by viewing the
(publicly available but not official) editor's draft at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/. However, even changes you see there
could be superseded as we continue to process documents; this is just to
gain an understanding of the evolution of the document.

This is all to say that WCAG 2.0 is not in final form. However, if you
are willing to undertake the translation knowing that, your assistance
at broadening the reach of WCAG 2.0 would be greatly appreciated. I
would ask that it be clear in your translation which version of WCAG 2.0
has been translated, e.g., by preserving the "this version" date in the
translation, and ideally by including the date in the URL in a manner
similar to some of the other translations pointed out by Catherine Roy.
Ideally, of course, you will also have the opportunity to update the
translation as the document continues to evolve, and hopefully there
aren't too many more iterations of that.

You can coordinate the logistics of the translation with Coralie
Mercier. Please keep me informed about the process, and if you need any
technical or interpretive assistance about the guidelines feel free to
contact me. When your translation is complete I would be happy to link
to it from the appropriate places and help spread the word about its
availability.

Michael