Re: RFC 2119 link in XInclude specification

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:23:10 +0200, Gaston STS
<gaston@spanish-translator-services.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The XInclude specification being translated contains a link to RFC 2119,
> where terms such as MUST, MAY, SHALL, etc. are defined. As these terms
> will
> be translated into Spanish, could you please specify which is the
> corresponding RFC for Spanish, if any? If such specification does not
> exist,
> could you please give us some directions about how should we treat the
> translation of those normative terms?
>
> Thanks!!!
>

> Gaston Valente

Dear Gaston

First, thanks for letting us know that you are working on translating
XInclude into Spanish.

I relayed your question to my colleagues from the W3C XML Core Working
Group and they too haven't heard of a spanish translation of RFC 2119.

They have no recommendation whether you should or not translate them. To
help you decide, they pointed me to a case where the terms were *not*
translated, and a case where they have been translated.

This individual decided not to translate the terms:
http://www.sidar.org/recur/desdi/traduc/es/xhtml/xhtml11_es.html#s_conform

This individual decided to translate them:
http://www.spanish-translator-services.com/espanol/t/XML_Key_Management_Specification_XKMS_2.0_Bindings_SP.htm#XKMS_2_0_Section_1_1

Thank you again.

Best,

Coralie Mercier  Communications | Administration  mailto:coralie@w3.org
  Home Office: 18 allée de la foret - 06550 La Roquette sur Siagne - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/