Re: Translation of some presentation slides

At 00/12/20 14:45 +0900, Mario Boutin wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm preparing a French presentation on accessibility.  I want to include
>in my presentation some of the examples (about 30 slides) found in the
>"Curriculum for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0" prepared by
>Chuck Letourneau & Geoff Freed.  My intention is to translate the
>"content" portion of the example into French without changing the header
>or the footer.  Do I need to comply with all the requirements found in
>the answer to question 5.6 "Can I translate one of your specifications
>into another language?" (Intellectual Property FAQ) i.e.:

Of course you have to. Actually, you have to do a bit more. Because
it's not a specification, you have to ask W3C for the permission
to translate it (which I assume you have done with your mail).
I'm copying Daniel Dardailler to decide on this.

As for the bottom of the slide, I would propose that you say something like
authors (original): Chuck Letourneau & Geoff Freed
translation: Mario Boutain

With 'original' being a link to the original page, and
'translation' being a link to a slide that has the notices
as required.

Regards,   Martin.