Re: RDF Core WDs document consistency items

[caught in spam trap -rrs]

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:49:52 -0500 (EST)
From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] Re: RDF Core WDs document consistency items

I have a few more ...

before that, I am not sure if this cross WD consistency is a goal at this
point. I thought we were concentrating on the content.

I was imaging that the current batch would have quite a few glaring stylistic
inconsistencies - and fixing those would be the major change before last
call.

However, if there are things we can fix now, than I am not averse to doing so
- but with problems like needing to see the new formal semantics in order to
reference it, but it's not ready yet - well that's what the next draft will
fix.

Suggestions for the series editor, maybe for the next round ...
===

Status of this document
(I think the series editor should draft us all a boiler plate which draws
attention to what we are seeking feedback on at this time - I guess
individual documents may vary a bit - but the key issues are cross document
now)

Versions referenced of various docs (specifically all the WD should refence
each other, not older versions, this means the publication date needs to be
fixed)

Style for notes

Style and policy with respect to referring to test cases (at least all the
normative specs)

Titles should all follow what the manual of style says.
[[
http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/#title

Title [(ACRONYM)] ["Level" n] ["Specification"][: Subtitle] ["Module"] [(nth
"Edition")] ["Version" Version_Number]
]]

e.g.

Resource Description Framework (RDF): Formal Semantics
Resource Description Framework (RDF): Concepts and Abstract Data Model
Resource Description Framework (RDF): XML Syntax
Resource Description Framework (RDF): Primer
Resource Description Framework (RDF): Test Cases
Resource Description Framework (RDF): Vocabulary

Jeremy