Re: Datatyping Summary V2

At 07:41 PM 1/30/02 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
>Issue B3: the self entailment issue
>===================================
>
>Withdrawn in favour of B4:

I'm uncomfortable about withdrawing this.  Dan used a different example for
self-entailment prior to the one he withdrew:

Does:
         <http://www.w3.org/> dc:title "W3C".
entail:
         <http://www.w3.org/> dc:title "W3C".

Intuitively, I think it is important that this is a valid entailment, and
this hasn't been established yet for TDL.

>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Jan/0410.html
>
>   [[I accept the reasoning above; it doesn't address my objection;
>it' just shows that my example wasn't very good. Sergey's
>example makes the point better:]]

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
        __
       /\ \