Re: Datatyping desiderata - take 3

Graham,

in "2. Use of XML-schema datatypes", you talk about derived types. I
think derived types are out of scope. In order to specify how a type is
restricted, special vocabulary would be required, and this is explicitly
off our charter...

I also think that (1) somehow goes together with (9).

In your examples, Idiom B seems notationally equivalent to Idiom C. Of
course, the difference is in what exB:date and exC:date represent.

BTW, I added the third idiom as Idiom P to the datatyping document
(Idiom D in yours). I don't mind renaming it to something else...

Sergey