Re: Datatyping desiderata, take 2

On 2002-01-18 0:43, "ext Graham Klyne" <GK@NineByNine.org> wrote:

>> Also, I lost the point of the list of idiom examples: idiom B and idiom
>> P are shown to be the same (modulo prefix). Have I missed something?
>
> No, you didn't miss anything.  I didn't merge them (yet) in case some
> idiomatic differences between B and P emerge in subsequent discussions.  I
> think there might be some more complex combinations of statements that
> don't work in the same way under those proposals.

As I pointed out, P and B cannot be merged. The semantics
of the rdfs:range values are significantly different. They
do not express the same knowledge, and I would suggest that
the examples for A and B follow the S conventions using
'.map' and '.lex' suffixes, or that all idiom examples
be omitted from the "common" desiderada document and
addressed solely in each proposal.

Cheers,