Re: Denotation of datatype values

On 2002-04-23 1:06, "ext Pat Hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu> wrote:

> I meant only to express my conviction
> that we, as editors, should respect the decision of the WG on the
> appropriate semantics to use;

I do and always have shared the same conviction, and at no time
did I consider what I wrote in the WD to conflict with what I
understood to be the agreement of the WG. If I have misunderstood
what that agreement was, or if what I have written has been
misunderstood -- or a bit of both -- then that is unfortunate,
and certainly the former (and presumably the latter) was
unintentional.

I was, to be quite honest, far more offended at your suggestion
that I did *not* respect the decisions and agreements of the
WG rather than that I may have communicated that common
understanding poorly in the WD.

Feel free to revise the WD as you see fit since your skill,
convictions and personal integrity all exceed that of my own.