Re: Priorities for F2F (completion of ACTION: 2001-06-22#4)

On Wednesday, July 11, 2001, at 06:18  AM, Bill de hÓra wrote:

>>  o the WG agrees that URI's can be assigned to denote literals.
>
> Is this to say: the wg indicates that people may assign URIs
> to Literals in their RDF data? I think I would be fine with
> this, but I still don't understand what is being described.
> Is a Literal simply a resource that can be present in the
> web (ie on a computer)?

A literal is a resource representing the literal -- the string.
Like data: URIs, the resource they represent is fully defined by
the URI itself. It has no other meaning.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      | ...schoolyard subversion...
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://aaronsw.com/school/>