Re: Valid XML and Schema Normative?

Since no one answered yet, I'll repost Joseph's question with some
background.  Is this example, with the <declaration>, valid?

In FSML, we have something similar to the <disclaimer> called
signature restrictions.  For example, a signing token, possibly
qualified by a signer login and password, might be constrained to sign
purchase orders but not checks.

What FSML does (in DSIG terms) is add a <Restrictions> tag to
<SignedInfo>.  When the token receives the <SignedInfo> element for
hashing and signing, it will reject the element if the <Restrictions>
value does not match its internal rules.

Similarly, we added a <Sequence> tag, with an incrementing number
maintained by the token, for auditing.

We were hoping that DSIG would similarly allow application dependent
tags in <SignedInfo>, what I've heard called an "open content model".

--
Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646