Re: GitHub ·qtspecs· Repository • Labels

> Scope
>   • Editorial: Minor typos, wording clarification, example fixes, etc.
>   • Bug: Something that does not work with the current specification that
needs updating, but which is more than just fixing a typo.
>   • Enhancement: Something that is not a new feature, but that modifies
or improves on an existing feature (either existing in a published spec, or
in a draft spec).
>   • Feature: Something that introduces new functionality to the
language(s) or function library

Can we add to this list: "Document hidden features", or maybe "Unveil
hidden features"?

One example is that since XPath 2.0 a new powerful feature was introduced
that an axis step can be a function call, but even today very few people
are aware of this. That this feature exists can only be proven traversing a
chain of grammar rules, which most people will never do. More about this
can be found here and in the subsequent thread:
https://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/202208/msg00074.html

There may be other such hidden gems, which by definition are difficult to
find ...

Thanks,
Dimitre

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Never fight an inanimate object
-------------------------------------
biggest mistake of all
------------------------------------
you're doing is work or play
Typing monkeys will write all Shakespeare's works in 200yrs.Will they write
all patents, too? :)
Sanity is madness put to good use.