Re: GitHub ·qtspecs· Repository • Labels

> Can we add to this list: "Document hidden features", or maybe "Unveil hidden features"?

Improvements to the spec that help readers find information without actually changing the language fall under the "Editorial" category.

You're right that in cases like this where the language has been extended by removing restrictions rather than adding features the change can very easily be missed. And the XPath 2.0 specification (unlike XSLT 2.0) unfortunately lacked an appendix summarizing the (extensive) changes since 1.0. This kind of thing is very dependent on how much effort editors are able to put in, and how they decide their priorities. Some people argue that providing such material in online tutorials is more useful than adding to the spec: but if you want to draft an appendix summarising the changes in each major release of the specifications, I'm sure the world will be grateful for your efforts.

Michael Kay
Saxonica