From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jeehong Min
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 12:48 PM
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: Can multiple inline schemas have same targetNamespace?

I would appreciate it if you could address the following issue that I
have seen in WSDLs of 2 customers in the past month.

One vendor's SOAP stack is creating WSDLs with multiple inline schemas
that have the same namespace.

Here's an example:

<wsdl:definition>
<wsdl:types>
<xs:schema targetNamespace="a">
types and elements
</xs:schema>
<xs:schema targetNamespace="a">
different types and elements
</xs:schema>
<xs:schema targetNamespace="b">
whatever
</xs:schema>
</wsdl:types>
<wsdl:definition>

It's not clear to me whether the above is legal or not (two schemas with
the same targetNamespace="a").  Should XML parsers for WSDL be smart
enough to handle the above?  Or should parsers report errors?

--
Jeehong Min
Software Engineer

"We Make Software Work"