Re: Proposed resolution for Issue 50 (Misallignment of faut to and reply to )

I also remember a lot of use cases where replyTo is there to be used by
a future callback.  In this case the replyTo would be present, but there
is no reason to have the intermediary keep the connection open.

Earlier mail discussions led to the realization that The scope of use of
ReplyTo may be subject to contracts outside of ws-addressing.

Tom Rutt

Doug Davis wrote:

> Jonathan,
>   Does:
>   an indication in the message whether a reply is expected
> imply that presence of a wsa:ReplyTo means its a two-way message?
> I thought that kind of assumption was something the WG was trying to
> avoid. [1]
> thanks
> -Dug
>
> [1]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2004Nov/0305.html
>

> *"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>*
> Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
>
> 03/02/2005 03:26 PM

> 	"Mark Peel" <mpeel@novell.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> 	RE: Proposed resolution for Issue 50 (Misallignment of faut to
>   and  reply  to )
>

> I thought this was on the list somewhere but I couldn't find it, so I'll
> restate it here.  One benefit we would lose from making wsa:ReplyTo
> optional is an indication in the message whether a reply is expected.
> An intermediary or proxy might use this information to, for example,
> keep a connection open without having a description of the message's MEP
> available.  The information content of a specified wsa:ReplyTo and a
> default value is different.

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133