Re: NEW ISSUE; wsa:To interaction with application protocols

Issue 6 is more about optimizing serialization than transport/transfer
protocol independence. Its basically asking whether we really need to
include stuff like e.g.:

<wsa:To>http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/role/anonymous</wsa:To>
or
<wsa:RelatesTo
RelationshipType="http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/reply">http://
www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/id/unspecified</wsa:RelatesTo>

Or whether it makes sense to say that omission of a <wsa:To> is
equivalent to including one with the well know 'anonymous' URI as its
value.

The spec already allows omission of the RelationshipType attribute and
says that there's a default value of
'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/reply'. I'd like to extend this
defaulting capability to other parts of the spec.

I don't think Mark's issue is quite the same so I'd recommend opening a
separate issue.

Marc.

On Dec 14, 2004, at 8:42 AM, paul.downey@bt.com wrote:

> if this is to be subsumed by i006 then the title should
> be updated to "Transport Independence" or some such and/or
> the description updated. All assuming MarcH as the issue's
> owner is happy with this.
>
> Paul

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>