Re: [whatwg] Effect on window.opener when navigating an existing window using window.open

On 2 April 2014 22:00, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> It's worth noting that there are many many ways to navigate a browsing
> context beyond window.open(), e.g. <a target="">, window.location,
> drag-and-drop of a link, window.history.go(), etc.

Absolutely, if we were to converge on the spec for the current opener and
people felt that last navigator would be useful, then it would need to be
updated in all cases.
Although, the history case might hold the original state.

Anyway, getting way ahead of myself.
I'll see if there are any more opinions, then look to move Gecko towards
the spec and see if any compat issues arise.