Re: [whatwg] More effective model for handling resources

Hi Ian,

I believe this is being handled by the next-generation transport protocols
> (SPDY or whatever it's called now). I recommend approaching the relevant
> groups to check that your precise case has been handled.

I just found out that SPDY Server Push and Cookies could accomplish the
above mentioned caching. Cookies will take care of information providing.
And the server just uses Server Push to push content.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Tingan Ho wrote:
> >
> > Almost all web developer I know use externally linked CSS resource in
> > their web projects. That means that the browser needs to (1) request the
> > html page (2) parse the html (3) request for the CSS resource that is
> > linked from the html document. The problem with externally linked
> > resources is point three. It needs to make another request for the CSS
> > resource. There is a solution to this problem and that is to inline the
> > CSS. Though that would yield another problem: all subsequent page
> > request will become bigger.
>
> I believe this is being handled by the next-generation transport protocols
> (SPDY or whatever it's called now). I recommend approaching the relevant
> groups to check that your precise case has been handled.
>
> --

Sincerely,

Tingan Ho