RE: Control of stuff that is not offer/answer (Re: Update of "Sorting issues into categories")

While this is not directly related to the networked streaming of media through RTCPeerConnection, you might want to take a look at what the media capture task force is putting together related to settings and constraints for the devices that supply media streams: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Oct/0003.html.

From: Roman Shpount [mailto:roman@telurix.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 11:51 AM
To: Harald Alvestrand
Cc: public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: Re: Control of stuff that is not offer/answer (Re: Update of "Sorting issues into categories")

I would agree with Stefan that a lot of this can be addressed by something like constraints mechanism, but this would require defining of additional constraints or ability to provide/modify constraints without adding or removing MediaStreams or MediaStreamTracks. For instance if all I want to change the target bitrate for the video codec, why would I want to do anything else except change the target bitrate. I would not want to do a complete O/A exchange. I would not want to add and remove MediaStream either. Stefan's proposals are good but it is in no way a complete solution and would require more discussion.
Roman Shpount