Re: Control of stuff that is not offer/answer (Re: Update of "Sorting issues into categories")

On 10/04/2012 08:51 PM, Roman Shpount wrote:
> I would agree with Stefan that a lot of this can be addressed by
> something like constraints mechanism, but this would require defining
> of additional constraints or ability to provide/modify constraints
> without adding or removing MediaStreams or MediaStreamTracks.
I'd say "additional constraints AND the ability to provide/modify
constraints". So let's get that done.
I've got some issues with Travis' suggested way of doing it (see my
comments on media list), but I think it's in the direction we want to go.

> For instance if all I want to change the target bitrate for the video
> codec, why would I want to do anything else except change the target
> bitrate. I would not want to do a complete O/A exchange. I would not
> want to add and remove MediaStream either. Stefan's proposals are good
> but it is in no way a complete solution and would require more discussion.
So please let's get on with it. Make a proposal for a specific
constraint, and say what interface you suggest this constraint should be
changeable at.