Re: [clear-site-data] header field syntax

On 2015-08-10 11:48, Mike West wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 8:40 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de
> <mailto:julian.reschke@gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     I'd follow the httpbis definition model and only define the field
>     *value* in the ABNF, and also keep the distinction between "option"
>     and "parameter" in the names so it's easier to discuss in prose:
>
>        Clear-Site-Data = 1#option
>        option = key-value *( OWS ";" [ OWS parameter ] )
>        key-value = token [ BWS "=" BWS word ]
>        parameter = token [ BWS "=" BWS word ]
>        word = token / quoted-string
>

> I've taken a stab at this in
> https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/clear-site-data/#header
> (unfortunately-hard-to-parse diff:
> https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/commit/65a99f888eb8c40ca8e9fb40e1b213bc1586b68e).
>
> WDYT?

Copying:

> 2.1. The Clear-Site-Data HTTP Response Header Field
>
> The Clear-Site-Data
> HTTP response header field sends a signal to the user agent that it ought to remove all data of a certain set of types. The header is represented by the following ABNF:
>
> Clear-Site-Data = 1#option
> option
>  = parameter *( OWS ";" [ OWS parameter ] )
> parameter
>  = key [ BWS "=" value ]
> key
>  = token
> value
>  = token / quoted-string

ABNF is correct; I'd just use two different ABNF productions for
parameter for clarity.

> Note: The BWS, OWS, token, and quoted-string rules are defined in [RFC7230].

Right. You should also explain that the ABNF is per RFC 5234 plus the
list syntax extension defined in RFC 7230. For sample text see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc-latest.html#notational-conventions>.

Best regards, Julian