Re: [webcomponents]: What callbacks do custom elements need?

I am certainly aware of existing elements that have synchronous actions
triggered as a result of attribute changes. Are you specifically worried
about cases where you inherit from an existing element using the is=""
syntax and require immediate notification of an attribute change because
you want to modify or prevent the way the native element behaves in
response to native attribute changes?

In retrospect, that is a valid point. Is this an instance of an important
use-case/requirement colliding with a hard constraint? Can someone with
more expertise on the platform side explain the options we have in
addressing the case Elliot presents?

Daniel J. Buchner
Product Manager, Developer Ecosystem
Mozilla Corporation