Re: Rename XBL2 to something without X, B, or L?

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:51:39 +0100, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2010, at 22:24 , Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
>> Looking at the use cases and the problems the current XBL2 spec is
>> trying address, I think it might be a good idea to rename it into
>> something that is less legacy-bound?
>
> I strongly object. We have a long and proud tradition of perfectly
> horrible and meaningless names such as XMLHttpRequest. I don't see why
> we'd ever have to change.
>
> Shadow HTML Anonymous DOm for the Web!

Cause I know you are being serious I will be serious as well and point out
that XMLHttpRequest's name is legacy bound as that is what implementations
call it and applications are using. XBL2 has none of that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/