Re: Proposal to include ISNI

Laura:

Also, it would make a lot of sense to add a definition of the individual's entry as schema.org markup in Microdata or RDFa to the HTML template you use for

Because then, people who want to name the artist in a page (e.g. on an Amazon page) could directly use your URI in combination with the human-readable name via the link element:

<h1 itemprop="name">Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides (2011)</h1>
Director:
 <link itemprop="director" href="http://www.isni.org/isni/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" />Rob Marshall

instead of locally defining the person Rob Marshall and then linking it to the ISNI entity via sameAs.

By adding ten lines of schema.org markup to your template for individual artists, you would make meta-data for > 6 million of them accessible for all kinds of Web applications.

Martin