Re: W3C Process and Positive participation

> On 6/15/10 9:12 PM, ext Karl Dubost wrote:
>> There were a few questions this morning on IRC about this task force and
>> what was its goals.
>>
>> [1]: http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20100615#l-460
>>
> The above includes " putting mostly W3C old-timers in the "vision" Task
> Force does not give much hope for change".
>
> Assuming the TF's participation is not limited to old schoolers, perhaps
> that should be clarified e.g. in
> <http://www.w3.org/2010/04/w3c-vision-public/wiki/Newstd>.

Maybe it would be a good idea to invite some more people from both the
digital identity community and people who have a background in WHAT WG.

>From the digital identity space, perhaps Eran has a recommendation? Maybe
Chris Messina, David Recordon, or Paul Trethevick?

No idea re WHATWG, not sure who, but hearing Henri and Anne's opinions are
always useful to myself.

Of course, the key issue is to keep this group small enough to be
productive but having the right communities and energy involved. Tough!

Might also be good to have someone with a deep IETF background so we can
clarify what "kind of spec" developer communities should encourage to to
IETF vs W3C. There's always this informal protocol/format division, but
htat's gotten very loose in recent years.

I am at a lost to who from WHATWG would be best (leaving that to others)