Re: W3C Process and Positive participation

On 16 Jun 2010, at 5:58 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> On 6/15/10 9:12 PM, ext Karl Dubost wrote:
>> There were a few questions this morning on IRC about this task
>> force and what was its goals.
>>
>> [1]: http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20100615#l-460
>>
> The above includes " putting mostly W3C old-timers in the "vision"
> Task Force does not give much hope for change".
>
> Assuming the TF's participation is not limited to old schoolers,
> perhaps that should be clarified e.g. in <http://www.w3.org/2010/04/w3c-vision-public/wiki/Newstd
> >.

Do you have a recommendation for how to phrase that?  The participant
list is publicly available:
  http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=44977&public=1

It is our plan to talk to lots of different parties ("outsiders"). I
welcome committed participation from people with new ideas.

I would like to blog about the task force, which would provide a good
opportunity to extend that invitation.

  _ Ian