Re: Editorial Change - ISSUE-25 Proposed Text

Well, if Company.com was a 3rd party on Website.com, then if DNT:1 were enabled Company.com should not have been able to gather any data when I visited Website.com, right?

I'm  not sure I understand how the "concept" of context helps particularly.  I guess you're saying that when you are a 3rd party you are operating in the third party context.  When you become a 1st party, you are operating in the 1st party context.

If we agree that a party can be both a 1st party or a 3rd party -- but not at the same time -- then I don't see any functional difference between saying "you are a 1st party" vs. "you are operating in the 1st party context"

I just don't understand what's confusing about saying in this network interaction you are a 1st party.  Later you might say, in this interaction (for these reasons) you are a 3rd party.