Audience measurement permitted use issue-25

From: Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 16:17:05 +0100
To: "'Justin Brookman'" <justin@cdt.org>, "'Matthias Schunter \(Intel Corporation\)'" <mts-std@schunter.org>
Cc: <public-tracking@w3.org>, "Nicholas Doty" <npdoty@w3.org>, "'Matthias Schunter \(Intel Corporation\)'" <mts-std@schunter.org>
Justin,

I notice that audience measurement is now listed as a permitted use in the
TPC and I thought that this had not been agreed. I would like to make sure
that the option to remove it as a permitted use is still available to us
after tomorrow, as this was the accepted position before now.

There is already the option of using OOBC or UGE to allow a consenting panel
and IMO not enough of a case has been made for unlimited use of unique ids
for this purpose even when users have explicitly indicated they do want to
be tracked.

Mike