Re: issues 23 and 34, happy new year's initial text for all...

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:28:33 +0100
To: Haakon Bratsberg <haakon.bratsberg@opera.com>
Cc: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>, public-tracking@w3.org, David Singer <singer@apple.com>
On Monday 09 January 2012 22:47:21 Haakon Bratsberg wrote:
> That said, I'm a bit skeptical about trying to align this work too much with
> both US, Canadian and EU privacy laws. DNT must make sense in relating to
> applicable laws = the DNT signal and compliance to it must in a meaningful
> way address the raised privacy concerns while being based on how the web
> actual works.

Haakon,

it isn't harmful if our work is aligned to regulation. But here it is just
easy and without "alignment". I was merely pointing out a lucky coincidence
that will make life easier for companies who have to implement this anyway for
any outsourcing. And I think it plays well everywhere. So I just want to keep
David's wording as is and declare Issue 23 and 34 resolved with the
integration of that text.

Best,