Re: [rdftm, port, etc] another example: William and Chet

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:38:00 -0500
To: Christopher Welty <welty@us.ibm.com>
Cc: public-swbp-wg@w3.org, public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org

* Christopher Welty <welty@us.ibm.com> [2005-03-08 10:25-0500]
> I think the issue of identification is both important and extremely
> difficult.  I suggest that this is big enough to be a task force in
> itself.

I can see a case for that, except we have a load of TFs already. Maybe
it can be queued up for when some of the others terminate?

There's a basic level of non-URI identification that's achievable just
using OWL 'InverseFunctionalProperty'. We could do worse than push out
a little note on that... (though in fact there are some issues around
change over time un-addressed by the OWL semantics which can bite when
using OWL IFP for identification, so even that seemingly modest task
could blow up into something bigger...

Dan