Re: Vocabulary 'tutorial'?

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 21:12:32 +0100
To: "Bassetti, Ann" <ann.bassetti@boeing.com>, Social Web Working Group <public-socialweb@w3.org>, Social Interest Group <public-social-interest@w3.org>
CC: "Martin, Julie" <julie.martin@boeing.com>, "Donovan, Andrew R" <andrew.r.donovan@boeing.com>

On 03/21/2015 11:51 PM, Bassetti, Ann wrote:
> Hello WG and IG compatriots --
>
> (I am also cc'ing my Boeing colleagues,who are Vocabulary experts in our Technical Library. They met a couple weeks ago, with the IG Vocabulary Task Force.)
>
> We talk about this and that vocabulary for the Social Web effort. I believe the Interest Group has a deliverable about vocabularies. But I, myself, am not totally clear on how this stuff works vis--vis vocabularies. Would someone be willing to give me (and anyone else who's interested) a small tutorial?

In terms of creating new vocabularies, an online tutorial would be good
as well. However, like many Semantic Web efforts, the tooling is still
in a pretty primitive state, despite dozens if not hundreds of academic
papers on the topic. If one has money, Topbraid Composer is a great
product and the one I used successfully to model vCard a while back.

I've sent an email to the semantic web list to get an update to see if
there's any usable vocabulary tools aimed at non-experts.

   cheers,
      harry