Re: Vocabulary 'tutorial'?

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 12:37:02 +0100
To: "Bassetti, Ann" <ann.bassetti@boeing.com>, Social Web Working Group <public-socialweb@w3.org>, Social Interest Group <public-social-interest@w3.org>
CC: "Martin, Julie" <julie.martin@boeing.com>, "Donovan, Andrew R" <andrew.r.donovan@boeing.com>
On 03/21/2015 11:51 PM, Bassetti, Ann wrote:
> Hello WG and IG compatriots --
Hi Ann,

> (I am also cc'ing my Boeing colleagues,who are Vocabulary experts in our Technical Library. They met a couple weeks ago, with the IG Vocabulary Task Force.)
>
> We talk about this and that vocabulary for the Social Web effort. I believe the Interest Group has a deliverable about vocabularies. But I, myself, am not totally clear on how this stuff works vis-à-vis vocabularies. Would someone be willing to give me (and anyone else who's interested) a small tutorial?
>
> I'd really appreciate it, and would feel better equipped to understand what the IG needs to deliver on this point.
I hope someone else can share some thoughts on that. For now I can
recommend checking out Social syntax wiki page
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_syntax

I try to draw distinction there between Data model / Serializations /
Vocabularies (Ontologies + Enumerations). BTW I further distinguished
*Enumerations* thanks to conversation with Jules during our last
Vocabulary TF telecon - Thank you! :)

Please also don't forget our effort (so far sadly mostly mine) to
*extract* vocabulary requirements from User Stories collected in WG
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialig/Vocabulary_TF/Mapping_API_User_Stories_to_Vocabulary_terms

Yesterday I started adding there to proposed candidates first terms from
microformats vocabulary.

HTH