Re: First draft minimalist periodical/article proposal

I think what I'm trying to say is that I don't understand what you're
proposing the intended domains for "volume" and "issue" to be.  In your
example, they're strings.  I don't think this is splitting hairs to say it
would make something like
http://www.nature.com/nature/archive/index.htmlextremely awkward.

The schema.org documentations says

> each property may have one or more types as its ranges. The value(s) of
> the property should be instances of at least one of these types. [1]

That seems, to me, a little stronger than a suggestion.

But I don't see how asking for the range of Periodical#issue/issues to be
PeriodicalIssue is fundamentally any different than how Series/Episode is
currently designed.

-Ross.
1. http://schema.org/docs/datamodel.html