Re: Absorbing Microdata

Sebastian,

On Sep 15, 2010, at 05:52 , Sebastian Heath wrote:

> Manu,
>
>    Thanks for picking this up on twiiter. The question was somewhat
> inspired by not wanting to put both microdata and rdfa in a document.
> And it also occurred to me that the RDFa 1.1 profile mechanism could
> play role.
>
> If there is a profile, it similarly defines the processing of itemtype
> and itemprop. That's a small(?) extension of the model you describe.

This is not a small extension at all. What you propose would mean to introduce a mechanism whereby one could dynamically add new attributes to the core RDFa processing. Ie, modify the processing rules of RDFa run-time. I must admit I would be pretty much opposed to do that in the current round of RDFa; it is just way too complex for my taste right now.

> But I like the separate document for defining how to interpret
> microdata as RDFa. An '-i microdata' flag for RDFa parsers.

Yes, as I said in my other mail, if there was a microdata->RDFa mapping, that could work and would be good. So, no good deed goes unpunished: do you think you know somebody who could/would write such a document? :-)

Cheers

Ivan