Re: Absorbing Microdata

(Copying Sebastian explicitly)

Well...

I think having a document that states very clearly how the microdata information can be turned into RDF would be very good. That means that, on the API level, a parser can be used for microdata. I have no idea who would write such a document, though.

If there was a possibility to map an HTML5+Microdata file to a HTML5+RDFa file or, to put it another way, a DOM->DOM type transformation then that would of course be useful. This falls back to the conceptual hGRDDL approach of Ben, ie, defining preprocessing steps before running the RDFa processing; this may be then relatively simple to implement on top of existing RDFa processors. But I have no idea whether it is possible.

Ivan