Re: Use Case: "Expressing FRBR Descriptions using Named Graphs"

Hi all,

On Apr 10, 2012, at 09:14, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Just my immediate reaction on this...
>
> What this use case seem to demand is some possibilities to manipulate graphs explicitly, that is to create the union (in the RDF) sense of graphs (that is the way I interpret this 'Frame' concept).
>
> The question is whether this is left in the application domain, via some sort of API on the RDF environment (the RDF environment I know the most, namely RDFLib, has operations to create the union of graphs)

Leaving it in the application domain was Tom's intent, I believe.  In any case, I believe that graph union rules /could/ be defined at the RDF level but /should/ probably be dealt with above RDF.

> or whether we need some declarative/syntax means for that.

Hmm, I hope we don't need a special syntax for just this use case.

Regards,
Dave