Re: New Proposal (6.1) for GRAPHS

On 02/04/12 16:36, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> Maybe I can clarifying by translating this TriG document:

> into this English declaration:
>
>          The URI 'u1' denotes something, and that thing has exactly one
>          associated RDF Graph.   That associated RDF graph consists of

Clearer but not what I would have expected.

Why "exactly one associated RDF Graph"?

RDF is all about partial descriptions of things.

If
then
and also

I guess the concrete examples will help - the choice of URI scheme for
<u> and it's scope becomes very important.

> So, perhaps it's more clear, now.  If you merged that with another TriG
> document:

> Then, trying to accept both documents at onces, you'd be saying:
>
>         The URI 'u1' denotes something, and that thing has exactly one
>         associated RDF graph.  In one document that associated graph is
>         document that graph is claimed to be the RDF triple "<a> <b>
>         <d>".
>
> So, in this case, you can try to merge the documents, but when you do,
> you find there is a contradiction, since there is only allowed to be one
> associated graph, but in this case there are two different ones.

Technical point: even if they unique graphs, the the right conclusion is:

<c> owl:sameAs <d>  .

unless the "{ ... }" is, say, a representation of a graph, or some other
quoted form, and not a graph itself.

But then everything is quoted, nothing is every equal.  Workable, not a
completely different architecture from the ground up - it's like only
have reified statements.

 Andy