built-in naming in rdf:PlainLiteral

Sandro Hawke wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/InternationalizedStringSpec
>> now has my edits with the changes from Pat/Jonathan?
>> and the extra sentence from Andy.
>> All edits have descriptions in the history page so you can see how the
>> document has evolved.
>>
>> Please take a look and see if you like it, taking into account the
>> continuing discussion on how exactly to best handle SPARQL.
>>
>> Note that there might be some places where the formatting needs to be
>> fixed up, as I copied in ASCII text, not HTML text.
>
> Nice work.  I fixed a couple typos and several remants of the rdf:text
> name.  I also added an editor's note about the renaming, which I think
> we should keep for the next TR.
>
> (Honestly, don't throw rocks, but I'm having second thoughts about the
> renaming.  It's just... long.  And we have to figure out whether to
> rename all the builtins and the namespace for the builtins now, too.  I
> guess we should wait for Axel to be back next week before going farther
> with that.)

sorry for only answering late...

1) obviously, I think the built-should be renamed just by replacing

s/text/PlainLiteral/ plus we should also rename the namespace and prefix
from

i.e.

namespace/prefix:
"plfn stands for the http://www.w3.org/2009/rdf-PlainLiteral-functions
namespace."

accordingly, I suggest to change the built-in names:

plfn:PlainLiteral-from-string

plfn:string-from-PlainLiteral

plfn:lang-from-PlainLiteral

plfn:compare

plfn:length

plfn:matches-language-range

as for the issue of the datatype-name/funciton-names "being long"... as
long as there are datatypes such as "yearMonthDuration" I wouldn't
bother too much, frankly.

best,
Axel (still following up, I hope I didn't miss any later mails
invalidating this answer....)

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,