Re: A few thoughts on RDF-star, Reification, and Labeled Property Graphs

On 09/04/2024 22:02, Thompson, Bryan wrote:
> This has not worked for 25 years.  The capability has been there all
> along.  But it does not convince people and I know of no RDF/SPARQL
> database which makes this efficient.

Agreed.

The current proposal has both modelling aspects and practical aspects.

On the practical side, the annotation and occurrence syntax, and just
triple terms themselves, improves usability in Turtle.

But just Turtle syntax changes, and still "raw" in N-triples, does not
help with the implementation needed to deal with under- and over-
specified reifications and other matters.

While implementation optimization is possible (and has done), the
experience seems to be that the costs for this one feature has not
worked out.

     Andy