Re: RDFa wiki

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:21:21 -0700
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Manu Sporny wrote:
> While the word 'recipes' is well understood by technical types, the
> community wiki needs to be accessible by the general public.

Well, but only HTML authors will write RDFa, right? I see "cookbook" and
"recipes" a lot, especially when it's about specific use cases.

> The tutorial section should be broken down by Vocabulary

I'm not so sure. We're not microformats, we can mix and match
vocabularies. In fact, that's a *really* important part of RDFa. So,
while we can have some vocabulary-specific examples, I question the idea
that we should structure the tutorials along hard vocabulary lines.

How about, instead, specific use cases: "linking to your friends",
"publishing an event", "publishing your contact information",
"publishing your music." Etc...

Let's get out of the microformat mindset of vocabulary silos :)