Re: [RDFa] The CLASS attribute

Le 14 févr. 2007 à 22:50, Ivan Herman a écrit :
> To be honest: I do not think that *this* would be the crucial point in
> getting the MF people closer to us. Seeing the various reactions on
> mailing lists, the usage of namespaces leads to much more pushback by
> people who regard namespaces as Evil on Earth... But that is another
> discussion issue...

Short: And microformats use "namespaces" :)

Longer: Microformats call it "Unique Root Class Names". To avoid name
clashes in software implementing microformats scrapping, they have to
be sure to scope the right microformat. The switching mechanism
(namespace) is a root class name which is nesting the other class
values.[2]
So it is a "namespace", microformats just do not call it a namespace. :)

[1]: http://microformats.org/wiki/naming-
principles#Unique_Root_Class_Names
[2]: http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-parsing#root_class_name

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/