Re: [RDFa] issues meta/link outside of head and browsers implementation

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:57:10 +0100, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net> wrote:
> Which brings up an important topic: validation. It would be good if we
> started a discussion on how it might be possible to extend HTML with
> extra attributes (and possibly elements, although we can start with
> attributes for now). This discussion must involve the validation team,
> since the biggest issue for RDFa is that: it breaks nothing in existing
> browsers, but it breaks the validator. How do we bridge that gap? How do
> we allow for valid HTML extensions without having to push out a new HTML
> recommendation?

The thing is that you also want to add xmlns="" stuff to HTML as I
understand it. This isn't really feasible imo for the text/html
serialization. (As it would only have affect to the RDFa stuff and not to
the rest of the document.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>