Warnings? (Re: RDFa RFE: No Mandated DOCTYPE)

By the way, this issue was on my mind for a while (not a really very
very important one, but nevertheless)

The current conformance clause gives an exact list of which triples are
to be generated and it does not allow to generate extra triples (in the
same graph, that is). And, in general, I agree.

The issue I have, however, is what to do if I want to generate, say, a
warning to the output. Eg, if I want to generate a warning if the
@profile attribute is not present (if we end up saying that @profile is
a SHOULD, then processing should probably not stop in the absence
thereof, but some sort of a warning would be good).

As a simple approach I was wondering whether annotations (ie, generation
of rdf:label and/or rdf:comment) should not be exempt from the
conformance rule I described. Ie, whether it would not be acceptable for
an RDFa processor to add rdf comments into the result where such warning
text could be added...

Just a thought...

Ivan