Re: RDFa RFE: No Mandated DOCTYPE

On Dec 3, 2007 6:41 AM, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:

> GRDDL suggests the use of profile.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl/#grddl-xhtml
>
>    <head profile="http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view">

You can use profile values *other* than that in GRDDL documents, which
is what I was assuming RDFa would be doing. The profile document just
has to use the following mechanism:

http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl/#profile-bind

And then you'd end up with something like the following:

   <head profile="http://www.w3.org/ns/rdfa">

I've seen one profile floating about for RDFa, but I don't think that
will be endorsed by the group since it wasn't a www.w3.org URI. It'd
be nice to know what is going to be used, to make early adoption
easier. We all await the next draft.

> * You have to be able to edit head, which is impossible in many
> scenarios. Being able to point to another file locally would be cool.

That doesn't matter since, as Shane points out, XHTML + RDFa documents
require a DOCTYPE declaration at the top of the file. If you can add
that, you can add @profile.

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/