Re: fed query doc ready to review

On 28/01/11 17:34, Carlos Buil Aranda wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> the fed query document is ready for review at
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service
> I still have not removed the BINDINGS sections, I'd like to have
> comments regarding the definition of their syntax + semantics. Also, I
> think the BINDINGS section in the query document
> (http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#bindings) is a
> bit short,

Sure - what would you want to see added (the example is comparable in
size to that in the federated query doc).

The evaluation is more directly than the service document which seems to
mix translation of synatx (e.g.

  and I'd like to know if it is good to leave it as it is or it
> is better to add something more.

As far as I can see, there is no need for an explicit operation to
evaluate bindings - the query doc does the work during translation to
the algebra:

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#sparqlAlgebraBindings

and there is special evaluation necessary because join() already works
on multisets.

	Andy

> cheers,
>
> Carlos

BTW: The link 3.2 BINDINGS operator syntax points to the wrong place.
and
   4.4 BINGINGS Evaluation Semantics => BINDINGS