Re: W3C Publishing Steering Committee Meeting - May 10 2024

Thanks Wendy,

Sorry I could not be present.

One comment concerning the TPAC event. We may want to have an eye on whether Dominique (or someone else) wants to organize some event at TPAC related to AI (the reason I refer to Dominique is that he edited a W3C document on the subject lately[1]). If it does happen, we should try to be there and, if possible, not overlap with it.

We had great BG event a few months ago on AI in Publishing. Mainly, the presentation of Peter Brantlay was interesting insofar as it did not only highlight the possibly negative aspects of AI, but also the ways AI woould/will affect publishing in general. (Peter may have been a bit too optimistic for my taste, but that is another matter.) If W3C wants to take some place in the world of AI, we have to be sure the interests of publishing will also be represented.

Ivan

[1] https://www.w3.org/reports/ai-web-impact/

> On 10 May 2024, at 18:54, Reid, Wendy <wendy.reid@rakuten.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Here are the minutes from today’s meeting: https://www.w3.org/2024/05/10-pbgsc-minutes.html
>
> As requested, I’ve also attached the ICS file for the upcoming meetings, just add it to your calendar and you should be able to see the future meetings in your calendar.
>
> Let me know if you have any issues!
>
> -Wendy
>
> From: Reid, Wendy <wendy.reid@rakuten.com>
> Date: Thursday, May 9, 2024 at 4:45 PM
> To: idpf-board+noreply@googlegroups.com <idpf-board+noreply@googlegroups.com>, public-publishing-sc@w3.org <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
> Subject: W3C Publishing Steering Committee Meeting - May 10 2024
>
> Hi all,
>
> Apologies for the late agenda, but we are meeting tomorrow, May 10, at 10AM Eastern (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Publishing+Steering+Committee+Meeting&iso=20240510T10&p1=43&ah=1).
>
> We will be continuing our discussion from the last meeting.
>
> Agenda:
> Invigorating activities within Publishing@W3C
> Digital Publishing Summit May 31, 2024
> Industry Workshop at TPAC in September (EAA and Publishing)
> What topics or areas does industry want to advance?
> How do we use the current groups effectively?
> Joining Instructions: https://w3c.zoom.us/j/83524612846?pwd=YnpkMTVad1JtOSsvajVFU29SaU45Zz09
>
> Joining Instructions
>
> Meeting ID: 835 2461 2846
> Passcode: 634762