RE: prov-dm, prov-n, prov-constraints preliminary staging

Hello Luc,

I have read through the staged DM document. It all looks fine, but I notice a few typos and similar:

Section 1 intro, component 5 in list of components: "refer to a same thing" does not make sense, and should be "refer to the same thing" or "refer to a common thing".

Section 2.1, Example 5: "in this case, a car in Boston may be a different entity from a car in Cambridge". To clarify, do you mean "the same car in Cambridge"?

Section 2.3, Derivation row in table: "about derivations and its subtypes" - conjugation error

Section 4.2, second paragraph: "refer archived email messages" - missing "to"

Section 4.2, Figure 3: I notice the links to the plan aren't labelled. Should they say "hadPlan"? Or does an edge from an edge to an entity always denote a plan relation, so it doesn't need stating?

Section 5.1.6, first sentence: "known as trigger" - missing "the"

Section 5.16, Example 24: "In this example, filling fuel" - is not grammatical, and should be "filling up on fuel" (or "filling the fuel tank")

Section 5.1.7, first sentence: "known as trigger" - missing "the"

Section 5.1.8, just about Invalidation PROV-N definition: "anohter" (typo)

Section 5.3.1, inconsistent capitalisation in the list: "software agent", "Organization", "Person"

Section 5.3.5:, Influence PROV-N definition: "A Influence relation" should be "An Influence relation"

Section 5.5.1: "Specialization is not defined as Influence" sounds odd, and I'm not sure what it means. Do you mean "Specialization is not a kind of Influence" or "Specialization is not a sub-type of Influence"? The same issue applies in Sections 5.5.2 and 5.6.2 for Alternate and MemberOf.

Section 5.5.2, Example 45: "They are alternate of each other" should be "They are alternates of each other", "The are both specialization of the page" should be "The are both specializations of the page"

Section 5.6.2, first sentence: "to allow stating the members of a Collection" is grammatically unpleasant. I suggest "to allow the members of a Collection to be stated".

Thanks,
Simon

Dr Simon Miles
Senior Lecturer, Department of Informatics
Kings College London, WC2R 2LS, UK
+44 (0)20 7848 1166

PrIMe: A Methodology for Developing Provenance-Aware Applications:
http://eprints.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/1382/