PROV-ISSUE-395: Rename hadOriginalSource to "originatedFrom"? [prov-dm]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 02:58:51 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-395: Rename hadOriginalSource to "originatedFrom"? [prov-dm]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/395

Raised by: Timothy Lebo
On product: prov-dm

DM editors,

Could hadOriginalSource be renamed to "originatedFrom" ?

I think it follows the "wasDerivedFrom" naming a little more closely, and avoids an exception to PROV-O's "has" naming convention.

Then, perhaps the Involvement "Source" could be renamed "Origin"?

And qualifiedSource would become qualifiedOrigin.

I think that this naming is a little more natural.

(yes, this is phrased in terms of PROV-O, but an issue on DM; probably best product would be mapping prov-dm <->  prov-o...)

Thanks,
Tim